Wednesday, 2 November 2011

Motherhood - the roller coaster ride!

The journey of motherhood is truly filled with an array of polarities.

Energy and exhaustion, joy and sadness, stillness and frenzy... the list goes on.

Going from being a mother of one, to a mother of two has certainly been a big leap into a whole new set of challenges and dilemmas. At the moment I feel like I'm either travelling at 100 miles per hour or I'm stock still watching the world go by. For example, one minute I'm doing laundry and emptying the dishwasher, preparing food for Aniah as well as attempting to wash and dress Zak  -


But then everything stops when it's Zak's feeding time - all I can do is sit and wait (unless the phone goes off or there is a knock at the door).

Then it's back at it, fishing out of the loo the 10th item of clothing Aniah has managed to throw down it, changing bums, kissing fingers that have got trapped in the door, then rescuing Zak from a near miss with the attempted swipe from his older sister...

Motherhood isn't glamorous, but it is certainly teaching me new and valuable lessons every day. It is helping me to develop attributes and skills such as patience, time-management and perseverance. There moments filled with tears and laughter. But I can honestly say, I love love love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment