Monday, 19 March 2012

The big news!

After having to keep it quiet for months, I can finally tell everyone the great news!

My awesome husband has been selected as one of the London 2012 Olympic torch bearers.

I nominated him last summer not thinking that anything would come of it. But in the new year we got the news that he had been shortlisted. Then just a week ago his place was confirmed. The reason I nominated him was because he has accomplished so much despite coming from a deprived area of west central Scotland. During his teen years he was a taikido British champion, was selected for the Scotland national Volleyball squad, served a 2 year mission for our church, joined the British Army where he did a tour in Iraq, got a first class honours degree in International Politics and won an award for academic excellence. He is a great father and husband, and my best friend. I think he is an inspiration.

We are now looking forward to cheering him on as he runs with the torch on the 30th of May 2012 through a local town. I'm so excited (probably more than he is). It really is a once in a life time opportunity.

HERE is a link to his official page



Wooop wooop!

1 comment: