Tuesday, 27 March 2012

I love the sun!

My mood is so much better and my sense of motivation far greater since we've enjoyed the beautiful summer weather the past few days. It's amazing what a bit of sunshine can do for ones soul!

Yesterday I spent almost the entire day outdoors. Gareth was working hard on his assignments for Uni, so I decided to take Aniah and Zak to the town park with my sister Martha and her 6 month old Josh. It seemed that most of the other mothers in Telford had thought of the same idea. It's so lovely watching children playing so happily, without a care in the world. Before we headed home, I grabbed a few gardening supplies so we could start planting some stuff for family home evening.

After we got home, I got out the paddling pool for Aniah (can you believe it - it's only March?!)


Meanwhile I set about clearing out the garden shed. It had become a great place to shove junk I couldn't be bothered to sort out over the winter.

Late afternoon I planted 6 strawberry plants. I've never grown strawberries before, so I hope I don't kill them too quickly, I quite fancy a few fresh strawberries this summer. Then before dinner I got Aniah to help me plant tomatoes seeds. She loves filling pots up with this and that, so this was real treat for her...



I can't wait to show Aniah the seedlings when they start coming through. Here's hoping I can keep her away from the pots long enough to even get to that stage!!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the strawberries and tomatoes...I think it's quite hard to kill strawberries, so look forward to those! My tomatoes always depended on the weather and whether I over or under watered them (depending on the weather, lol). And I must get my shed sorted...could take a few weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do hope so... my mum tells me you have to put straw under the leaves (hence the name). I need to do a but of research just to make sure I have no excuses. Good luck with the shed.. Mine took me an entire afternoon!

    ReplyDelete